Saturday, January 13, 2007

Becareful What You Wish For

I decided to skip yoga this morning to sleep in and get some rest to make up for the emotional drain.  I didn't sleep late, but I got a good night sleep.  So I figured I stop by my Mom's place and pick up her walker so I could get her back walking again as soon as possible.  The escapees were in rare form today and it was hard for me to get into her unit and I needed the nurse to run interception when I wanted to leave.

Anyway Mom said she was feeling better today although she didn't know what that meant.  So I am taking that she loss some cognitive function with this last one.  Walking was a no go.  Her legs had already stiffened up and she couldn't get her balance.  I did talk to the doctor today.  He said she had an event like she has had in the past.  We'll no shortly how much has been loss and what is coming back.  He said she would go home Monday or Tuesday.  Then she would start physical therapy to walk again.  So I borrowed a wheelchair a pushed her around the floor to get her out of her room.  I'll take care of her DNR when she gets back to home since that is where I need to do it. 

So I had one appointment today already and I rescheduled 2 people from yesterday to today.  Then the phone kept ringing and people were in pain and needed to come in.  I'm always wishing it was busier, but of all the days to come true.  Anyway if everyday was like today I would be very happy business wise.

No comments: