Monday, January 15, 2007

It's Always Something

Well I got the call from the social worker where my Mom stays telling me my Mom can't come home until paperwork is filled out.  Seems she needs a lot of rehab and won't be returning to the memory unit.  So sometime this week I need to get her furniture out of there so we can save some money.  I'll dump her bed.  I would like to keep the furniture for myself, but I have no idea where to put it.  I think the dresser and table I can put in my storage room, but the recliner is a no go.  Hey maybe I'll bring it home. 

Anyway I went down to the boardwalk again since it was the last warm day.  Boy was it windy.  Going wasn't bad, but coming back I almost decided to walk it was so hard pedaling.  One thing I did find was the Naval Aviation memorial.  Didn't even know it existed.  It was behind the Norwegian Woman.  There are still building it.  So I grabbed some pics of it.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool pics; that is a nice monument. I am glad you discovered it and shared the pics with us!
Have a good week Mike.
Maria

Anonymous said...

Oh, what things we can still discover in our own hometowns! :)   Thanks for sharing those photos.   Before you "dump" the furniture, can you see if anyone else wants them?   Donate it (if a second hand store is out of the question) maybe.   Hope things go well for your mother, Mike.  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

I am sorry things are so complicated with your mom.

Cool pics!

Terra