Friday, January 12, 2007

Stop the World I Want to Get Off

Well they said my Mom had another stroke and admitted her to the hospital to check her out.  Of all the days it would be today.  I had everything planned down to the minute, but atlas it wasn't to be.  I rescheduled my afternoon patients, but I did my story time reading with the elementary kids with Sam a female guinea pig.  It went well and I was able to run back to the office to treat a patient in between. 

Mom was anxious until I got there.  She was doing better than she has been all week.  I asked he to move her arms and legs and she happily shook them.  So I'll stop back tomorrow to see her again.  I do want to talk to her doctor about getting a DNR in place.  When I first brought her up here the doctor asked, but I didn't want to do it.  Now with time I do.  Mom doesn't need to be nickel and dimed all the way down. 

Making sure I am feeling what I need to be.  Way too easy for me to suppress.  I can feel myself pulling away, but over the last 6 months I have kind of prepared myself.  Also I am comfortable with what I have done in that time.  So when she goes I will have no regrets.

Last night's concert didn't happen.  When I got there, their were no tickets for me.  I wasn't to upset.  My friend still hadn't left her house and for the few minutes I was there I smelled like smoke.  So I am working with the radio station for other compensation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's not good.   About the tickets or your mother.   I'm sorry they didn't notice this stroke sooner.   It happens sometimes.  My father's have been a bit like this.   UGH.   I hope you can do something relaxing tonight.  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear of your Mom's stroke, but glad that she is feeling better now.  I know how stressful it must be for you to deal with.  Just remember to give yourself credit for all you are doing for her.  It's easy to get caught up in the " I should have done this or that" ... Remember what you ARE doing, which is plenty.  Tina

Anonymous said...

oh no Mike...so sorry to hear this about your Mom. Keeping you and your Mom in my thoughts and prayers.
Maria