Monday, January 29, 2007

Day in Review

I can't believe I forgot to go see my Mom today.  I had two extra patients call to come in, but I didn't even choose not to go.  It completely slipped my mind.  Bizarre.  I'll head over to see her tomorrow after yoga.  Hopefully she won't be to anxious with the 2 day separation. 

It was interesting.  My new friend Gina complimented me on the good quality of being family oriented.  It struck me kind of strange.  My first thought was that "not being good enough" stuff, but after some thought I found out it's doing for my Mom.  Family for me became my wife and son.  The rest of my family I liked at a distance.  Now to be complimented on my interaction with them is different and most unexpected.

Had a real fun call with Eric tonight and it was much needed.  Our calls go through their ups and downs and they have been down as of late.  Not that they have been sad, but its been a period of not much to talk about.  Tonight we had a nice 20 minute conversation.  Or down time really hit home the other day when I talked to my 3 year old niece Lucy who is coming to visit with my bro and SIL this week.  That full of energy voice was nice to hear.

No comments: