Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Dreams

Had one of those nights last night where I'll wake up and then go right back into the same dream.  It was about my Mom's old boyfriend Larry.  A major league asshole and all around verbal abuser.  Just like my Dad did a number on my brother Frank's teenage years, Larry did the same to mine.  I guess Mom had to keep the cycle going.  Anyway I had and still have a lot of repressed anger with him (he's dead now).  Over the years my dreams show me where I am with taking care of myself by my ability or lack of in the dream.  Well there was no 'lack off' last night.  I even woke up arguing at one point.  The most interesting thing was the last part of the dream where we went outside so I could hit him.  He pulled a sewing needle out of his shoe and pointed it at me.  It was weird I wasn't afraid of fighting, but the needle caused me to back off some.  When I awoke it hit me.  Larry was never a physically violent person, but he would needle you with the jibes and the name calling.  So it's my new assignment from my subconscious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I  hate those nights when I wake up all the time. I have such weird dreams. I'm so sorry larry was such a jerk.

Anonymous said...

verbal abuse can be as damaging...if not more damaging...as physical abuse. It messes so much with our heads; I am sorry your dream brought back these memories.
I hope you get a better night's sleep tonite.
Maria