Sunday, January 21, 2007

Wintertime

Well winter finally arrived fully today.  Boy was it cold with hail coming down.  I was in a store today and a kid came running in to tell his mother that it was raining ice.  You could tell he was totally amazed.  Welcome to the south.  LOL. 

My cutest kid story though was one from Starbucks.  Little girl and I guess her older brother were sitting there.  He asked where she wanted to go next and she was like the Dollar Store.  He answered he didn't know where one was.  She was like well where do you go to get your presents for a dollar?  It was very cute.

Anyway I went to my partner's wife viewing.  The paper had said that 5-6 was for friends.  Although when I got there people were just arriving so I'm not quite sure what they were doing from 1-5.  It was mostly family and I was surprised more people from the club or the building didn't show up.  I only saw about 4-5 of us.  I know the club sent over food last night, a card, and flowers.  It was more of a service than a viewing.  The pastor had people speak if they wanted to.  Mostly family stood and talked.  From and hour and half of listening to people I didn't really know the departed any better since most people focused on God and being saved instead of who was dead.  So after 1 1/2 hours (30 minutes more than it was suppose to be) I said my goodbyes and left. 

No comments: