Saturday, January 6, 2007

Hail to the King

"If God didn't want them sheared, he wouldn't have made them sheep" ~ Eli Wallach (Magnificent Seven)
 
I met this guy today who truly had mastered the art of marketing.  He was a carpet salesman and to every person he sold a carpet to he gave them a free certificate for a free puppy of kitten at the SPCA.  That was how he got his repeat business.  I couldn't believe how creative it was.  A pup or kitten is going to destroy any carpet by going to the bathroom on it or ripping it up. I have to think of what I can give my patients when they switch over to maintenance.  Maybe free bungy jumping tickets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh.. you are bad! lol

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Well, my cat chose the furniture rather than the carpet..but I think your right..clever repeat business marketing,,,loll...Its like getting tires for your car and the guy gives you a slow leak..lol..~Raven