Monday, January 1, 2007

My Day

Jeez what a hot day.  We topped off over 70 and I was over dressed for it and sweating like a madman today.  I at least got my storage area in the office straightened up and took down decorations.  Wow the office looks so bare without the extra stuff.  I'll have to go out tomorrow and find stuff that I can use to fill the office up for this time between the holidays.  I'll wait 2 weeks before I put up Valentine's Day stuff. 

Well my usual Monday with the guys really changed from what it started out to be.  A bunch of the guys just didn't show.  At least one did call and say he would be late which was good since I thought I was going to be alone.  So it ended up only being the three of us and later than I expected.  So I used the time to read which I haven't done as much in the last week or so since I usually do all my reading at valet.

I finally found an excellent definition for intimacy - the ability to be yourself - who you are, what you are - with another person.  I know I learned several years ago that sex wasn't the real definition of intimacy, although it was an intimate act.  I didn't have a good concrete definition that I could just whip out.

Anyway we hung out for a while, but the had to split afterwards so I stopped at the Silver Diner for my favorite Stir Fried Veggies with angel hair pasta.  Wowzers was it spicy tonight. My tummy is still burning, but is was good.  Got great service, had three waitresses waiting on me.  They kept saying they were helping out.  I think my true waitress only brought me my check.  LOL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great definition of intimacy!

Tracie

Anonymous said...

I like the real definition of that intimacy--never knew..thanks for writing it here--I have to tell my husband..it was what I've been looking for LOL!

Happy new Year,
Gem :-)
http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours