Monday, January 1, 2007

Black & White

It was nice to sleep in this morning and to get up slowly.  I reminded my landlord that I wouldn't be home for dinner tonight.  He went through his emotional turmoil of having his plans upset, even though I had told him about it days ago.  I thought I came out of it unscathed since I didn't fall into my old self of feeling like I did something bad.  However as I was driving out I was kind of tense for some strange reason.  I couldn't think of anything except this incident.  I had to realize black & white thinking runs deep.  Without a conscious run through of the incident I saw it since it wasn't all good (nothing ever is) that it was bad.  Hence my tenseness.  The almost silent playing of old tapes.  I'm a bad person, it's my fault, the other shoe will drop, etc.  It was a funny realization since I was thinking that evaluation is so important to make sure I don't veer off track.  And here I am a little later veering off, before I realized it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

black and white thinking only lets us see half the truth....
color a piece of board half white and half black...then write in in black the word truth across it and then write truth in white across it...
you will see that only half the word will show up because black and white thinking only show half the truth ...Now mix black and white paint together to make gray...
and write truth across the board and you see the whole word of truth...
It  is much better ti see a visual but my computer skills are so good
Donna In TEXAS