Thursday, January 18, 2007

Manic Repression is a Sure Fired Mess

Well first off I had my exam this morning for my life insurance.  It was very funny.  The nurse took my blood pressure and it was 120/78 and she was like looks like no stress in your life.  ROFLMAO!  No stress, been waking up during the night this week with all my Mom's stuff going on.

Anyway I was talking with a patient yesterday and trying to help her with some of her survivor qualities from childhood that were causing problems in adult life. Then she asked me if I was angry with my parents.  The answer was no even though I know there should be.  I know I still haven't felt everything from that period of my life.  A lot of it is just that it was everyday life and the other was I shut a lot down to survive it.  If I put Eric back in that place in my mind I can be angry and offended, but for myself nah.  However it did kick up a lot of anger in my dreams last night with my Mom and her old boyfriend that I got express in dream land.  Also weird was Major my Dad's old dog was there.  He was really old by the time I was born.  I dreamed I wanted to play with him then I realized he was too old for my rough housing so I was gentle with him.  Just weird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, so much symbolism, your mother old now so you're gentle even.   Interesting to relook at just pieces of ones past.  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

that's an interesting dream.  Would be nice to be able to interpret it huh.
Take care,
Gem