Sunday, January 28, 2007

Black & White Dating

Talking with Maria tonight about dating and as usual she points out my over thinking it all.  Thinking about (no pun intended) it I realized I am still pretty much black and white with the asking out part of dating.  I have talked about and visualized slowing down the relationship part, however I seem to have glanced over this beginning piece.  I have been trying to take it casual, but in the back of my mind its all out or heads first and there is a lot of middle ground that I need to realize.  Like it was pointed out to me just make small talk a few times before asking.  It is usually hard for me to make small talk since I am already in "thought equals action" mode and it doesn't have to be that way.  So hopefully with realization it will be better.

I know with getting together with all these MEETin people I have been calm with no anxiety which is nice.  The thing I am finding out is that I'm no longer the introvert I was or at least most of these people are more introverted than me.  LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike...you know...the more I think about this...I am probably not the best person to be giving you any advice. I have not been in the dating world since 1984!
yikes! I am OLD!!
=)
But I know you are a great guy....and I think you need to shop at that Hallmark store this week!! Good Luck!
Maria