Thursday, January 11, 2007

How MANY?!

I was at valet last night trying to stay awake which is pretty normal most of the year.  Anyway I was reading a copy of Esquire since it was laying around.  It had a sex survey results that I figured I would check out.  I'm not quite sure what the age range for the magazine is.  Anyway one thing that jumped out at me was how many dates before people have sex.  It said men: 3 and women: 5.  So the average person is going out 5 dates then hoping in the sack?  It was disturbing to me.  Maybe I'm old fashioned, need more time, or just really enjoy that period of specialness that is is lost once you have sex.  Anyway I was happy to hear talking to one of my friends who dates more than I do that most people my age do wait longer which was funny cause I know he is one of the above. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It may have to do with the intended audience, also, and who responded?   That's soon, IMHO, also.  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

    I think it's disturbing too, Mike.  and sad.  I wonder what it says about us as human beings?  Maybe that we have become so impatient when it comes to sexual gratification that we lose sight of what we are striking up the relationship for in the first place ?  I hope that there are more men out there that think like you.  Because my daughter is hoping to come across one of them sometime soon.  Tina  http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme