Tuesday, January 16, 2007

What a Day

The day started out okay.  Yoga was good and I was able to sign up for the senior health fair next month.  Something I was really happy about since all the other health fairs in the area were already full. 

I got called by child support about the money I still owe on support.  Since the office is slow I can't make full payments and my balance is rising and they want the money.  This is one of the areas that really affects me.  I HATE no being able to pay the full amount yet I know I just don't have it and it doesn't look like its appearing anytime soon.  Something I have problems living with.

Anyway I get to the hospital and they tell me my Mom is being picked up to go home in an hour.  They were like didn't they call you?  I said no and went over to my Mom's place to move everything before she got there.  On the way I stopped for gas.  Usually I put the auto clicker on while I stand there, but today it was just such a crappy day I hopped in the car.  I was just starting to wonder what was taking so long when a women came up and told my the gas was pouring out of my car.  I get out and I have a waterfall coming out of my tank and a big $6 pool of gas there. I wasn't too happy.  even better is that I reeked of the stuff.

It was nice that my Mom's old neighbors in the memory unit said to say hello to her.  I'll bring Mom down to visit them during the week.  What was funny was that while I was moving stuff from one side to the other one of the employees asked me how Mom was doing.  Then she found out I was a chiropractor she asked if she could come in for a free evaluation.  What the hell do I look like the free clinic?  I replied nicely though.

Anyway Mom is doing well as can be expected.  She's scared since her coping skills are now minimal.  When I went back tonight she seemed to be doing okay.  She had someone feeding her during dinner.  I need to find out if Mom has just forgotten or can't do it.  I know my Mom.  If someone else will do for her she'll let them.

I'll be happy when I can get back to my life already in progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I'll be happy when I can get back to my life already in progress..."

Sorry to keep "quoting" you, but from reading some of your entries, it seems like you're back in your life making progress, you just have to see when you're right 'there at the moment-- of the life you want' to appreciate it.

I hope I made sense.
Gem :-)