Friday, November 24, 2006

Black Friday

I hate going to the stores at this time of the year since I hate crowds.  That's why I finish my Christmas shopping by November first.  Anyway Circuit City had some good deals with DVD's so I did a surgical strike on the way to work.  I was in and out like a duck mating.  From entering the parking lot to leaving it was 15 minutes.  (Oh yeah I got X-men 2, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and My Name is Earl 1st season; I know I would have been asked)

I love my patients when their asking my permission to come in.  Hey I'm always happy to take your money and it make my life a lot easier in teaching them everything they need to know to stay healthy.

I felt bad for my last patient who is an elderly lady with MS who can't get out of the house.  We got her Meals on Wheels, but they just informed her that they were no longer going to deliver to her since she lived on the second floor.  They would only leave it at the bottom of the stairs.  Hey if she could get down the stairs she could cook for herself too.  Insane.

I want to thank Rebecca from In the Shadow of the Iris for showing me how to add the pics to my entries after a very frustrating 30 minutes trying to do it on my own.

The side affects of having a nicer demeanor (a smile on my face) is that I have every male jerk talking to me.  Especially when I go to Starbucks.  I want to yell, "DO I LOOK LIKE I WANT TO TALK TO YOU."  I'm use to having my I'd rather kill you than talk to you face which I developed in the South Bronx.  It was a nice thing.  Even the pan handlers passed me by.  Over the last 2 years I have been working on dropping it since I figured it would be a hindrance in dating.  However this side effect is unwanted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hah, I know the look. I had it my whole life I lived and worked in "The City". Since I'm out here in the desert I think it just went away. Regards, Bill.