Thursday, November 30, 2006

Yuck

I enjoy interacting with my Mom, but this paperwork and informing everyone of stuff sucks.  I feel like I am making life and death decisions.  I know feelings aren't facts.  Well I finished and sent in my Mom's Medicaid application today.  I still need to answer the admissions question of how much Mom can afford a month.  I'm trying to avoid pain and keep putting it off.  It's not even mine really.  Mom will go to the nursing home side of the facility soon.  I know those in their memory unit don't really get out, but that will change soon.  I think I may have started something where my Mom is now.  I see more family members visiting lately.  I think the residents were complaining to their families. Good for them. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Mike, good for them:)   If you've made anyone's life a mite better, in addition to your mother's, etc., wow, well, good for you, too!  Sorry about the paperwork and crap.   I do so hate that.  http://journals.aol.com/ceilisundancer/RandomThreads/ crap.  -- Robin  

Anonymous said...

I understand what you are saying. I get a sick feeling in my stomach every time I have to make decisions for my Mom. I always wonder if I am doing right by her. Regards, Bill.