Wednesday, November 8, 2006

The Price is Right

Visited my Mom today and they were playing the Price is Right.  The activity directors need more enthusiasm or just more energy.  Anyway it was hilarious.  Usually the group is pretty harmonious with the activities, but today they wer all over the place. 

Ms. Reis had just one some lipstick when I got there.  However she didn't like the color and was stuck on that she didn't want it.  Everytime she wa asked a price for a new item she would just drop back that she didn't like the lipstick.

Ms. Finklestein had no clue what the prices could be and wouldn't even guess at it. She would ask a lot of questions on what it was. 

Ms. Landsberg did well.  She just had to keep pointing out to the director who she was.

My Mom could not get pick a lower price.  She just kept going higher and higher. 

Add in they all have dementia or Alzhemiers and can't remember much.  Plus add some more of Ms. Reis calling out what should she do with the lipstick she doesn't like.  It was damn funny.

The best is that they traded in Ms. Reis lipstick for some other makeup she didn't really care for.  When someone else got the lipstick she wanted to see it. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet that would have made a cute video.  Not to laugh AT them, but just the cuteness of elderly people.  Much like children, you know?

Jackie

Anonymous said...

OMG...Mike...why cant these things be on camera....it would be sooooo funny....I worked in a nursing home for a short time...LIPSTICK...is very important...I find it sweet...I know that I wont care when I am older cause I dont now...lol...I think its sooo cool you go hang out there...so cool...-Raven

Anonymous said...

Ms. Reis sounds very funny!!!

Terra

Anonymous said...

ROFL........  of course, I want to be more aware and lucid when I'm older, but I can just imagine this!  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

    Hey Mike ... I had to laugh at this.  Since getting my aunt situated in Assisted Living, I have seen many of these instances, and some of them involve my aunt, herself.  Yesterday she had a fit when she couldnt sit in the front row for the monthly auction.  This, from a woman who wouldnt even go down to have meals or talk to anybody for the first two weeks she was there.  Oh, and Bingo can not be missed, either, and they had better let her sit where she wants to when she plays!  Honestly, I never thought I'd see the day ....    Tina