Thursday, November 16, 2006

Still Not in Oz

Well the winds are still pretty strong here, but no rain so far.  Most of the bad stuff is in the middle of the state.  Glad it stayed nice enough for me to take my Mom out for her birthday.  I got her a ribbon that said “birthday girl” on it so that everyone would know.  She got a lot of attention which was fun.  With her dementia she is like a little kid.  We’re driving down there road and she is just blurting stuff out.  “That man is really fat.”  LOL.  Loud burps in the restaurant, I felt like I was with my son.  What do you say?  The staff at the diner joked with her a lot.  She let out a big bashful laugh when they asked her if she was 21.  So it was a fun time. 

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

An older guy at the gym this morning that I know and one of the few people there that know I am a chiropractor helped me out with informing one of the people there that I could help him out.  So it was very nice of him.

 

I have to admit the city is good when you call them up about wounded animals.  They come and get them pretty quick to help them out.  We had a seagull here this morning with a broken wing waddling around.  I know a year ago I had to call when a bird slammed into the glass window where I was staying and injured itself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!

***Monica

Anonymous said...

You are such a good son.. and so patient!  Glad to hear your mom had a nice birthday, Mike! :)

Jackie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you took Mom out. I do the same thing with mine. She is 84 and can't do much on her own anymore. I try and stend one whole day with her each week. I guess as her son it is my "job". Regards, Bill.

Anonymous said...

Is there a board at the club that welcomes business cards? .....just a thought.