Sunday, November 26, 2006

My Birthday

Well I got up today and headed over to see the new James Bond movie for my birthday.  It was new bond for a new generation.  How to start the day feeling older.  LOL.  The things that make Bond, James Bond weren't really there.  I guess being a predecessor to the other movies that needed to be done.  However with out them it's just another action movie.  I did enjoy it and had no problem with David Craig as Bond although the blond hair does stand out.

Visited some stores today and everything seemed to be back to normal.  No crowds, usual prices, the party's over.  Anyway after a Bond movie, I don't know about you other guys, but it does put me in a mood.  Anyway I was driving over to Starbucks when I pulled up next to this lady who was fixing her Christmas tree on her truck.  She was just finishing when I pulled up.  I was smiling because it was funny.  So I'm sitting there at the light listening to music when I know her window goes down.  Mine was already down.  So I look over she is smiling and we get to bantering back and forth.  Then it happens.  She puts that hand up on the door with that rock out like a beacon and she keeps on talking and smiling.  LOL.  Okay the lure is not looking so good now.  My talking decreases and I let her go when the light changes.  I took it as a nice present on my birthday to have this married lady flirting with me.  I have to admit it lit my day. 

This was all funny to me since I almost asked the woman out last night.  I have been feeling the hole inside me more so over that last few days and I always know that drives me to dating.  I had no idea why I was feeling the hole more so.  For Thanksgiving I had many options on what to do with myself which was great.  My birthday today I got many wishes from everyone which was better than last year when it was more a secret.  So what was it.  Then I remembered something that my ex and I always disagreed on.  Special days I always wanted to have time with her and when Eric was born the both of them.  I didn't need anything fancy just time with MY family.  After that I didn't care what we did.  And that was it.  I'm use to sharing these special days with someone and I am looking for that person.  On the good side I have plenty of friends now (you all included) to share this day with.  It's something new for me and something that is healthy.  So with this awareness I feel better.

I had a nice relaxing time at Starbucks and got to write a whole bunch which always makes me feel good.  Also I got a small smile from the attractive woman at Hallmark that I see every once in a while.  Something for the New Year.

Then it was over to Sam's Club for a cheap hot dog soda combo to eat on my way to the beach.  I'll put pics up later since it is easier to use my office computer.  I was able t find Elf hats for my partner and I for valet.  They were fun last year.

Well that was my day.  Now for laundry, ironing, and to find the rodent that is chewing in the attic.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

One more time.. hee

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIKE!!!!

Big birthday hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But!! stay away from the married women : )

~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

What can I say except British blokes are hot...;-)
Lyn

Anonymous said...

get a kitty and that will take care of the rodents!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

I get the impression that you and I have the same feelings about how to spend a birthday. I don't care about gifts or cake, I just want my Wife and the dogs around me. Well you have another year under your belt. I hope the next one is a good one. Regards, Bill.