Monday, November 20, 2006

Weekend Recap Part III Finale

6:45 Eric actually slept last.  Some breakfast, chess, and cartoons found us grabbing some Wendys before heading over to the Air & Space museum.  They added a Firefighters museum next to it so we took a look at that also.  That was fun I got to finally pull one of those fire alarms you saw in school.  It didn't do anything put it was therapeutic none the less.  Living so close to the Navy bases I was surprised how much I knew about all the jets.  Eric liked the one jet that had the count of all the things it had destroyed especially the one camel.  It was pretty funny.  He wanted to stop the gift shop and said, "I know your going to say no Dad."  Which I responded, "that's good saves me from saying it."

We headed back over to McDonalds playplace.  It's a updated one.  So I got to sit in plush seats while Eric climbed through all the tubes.  One thing I forget about NY is the high Hispanic population.  This day found many Latinas in the place and I forgot most of them find me attractive.  LOL.  I felt like I was on display while I walking around. 

Afterwards we went over to the park to play some football.  I was surprised Eric was very good at throwing it.  Then we went over to Toys R Us to waste time before the drop off.  I got to see what he likes now and I figured out why he can't turn his skateboard. When I got mine a long, long time ago you had to loosen the bolts to let it tilt.  So I showed Eric how to do it so hopefully he will have better luck now.  I was sad that he didn't bring his skateboard that we couldn't practice on it.

Drop off went well with still no problems from my FIL.  It was sad and painful, but he knows I will see him in February for his birthday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ACK ,not again until FEBRUARY?!   It sounds as if it was a great weekend, Mike:)  But, wow.  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

I know you live don't live close to your son...but it sounds as if you got really crappy visitation. I can't imagine seeing my child every few months. It would suck.

Tracie

Anonymous said...

From your animated and exciting weekend, I can tell you love Eric dearly. The visitation doesn't sound fair at all. I have a 10 yr. old son and his dad lives about 125 miles away. He chooses not to see Walker but every few months. Son's need their father's in their lives. I hope the visitation becomes more frequent. Happy Thanksgiving Mike.



In Christ,
Gabrielle

Anonymous said...

You gave your son a memorable day.  Did you take pictures?  Does he have access to a computer?  Can you send him pics in the mail?  That would be something your son would most likely love.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Ok, one of my rare comment moments:o) I read all 3 parts and all I can say, aren't you exhausted???? You guys did ALOT!!
Have a great Thanksgiving this week~
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Have you seen that new game where the kid has a remote and can skateboard, drive cars etc on the TV..?.cool toy...expensive though...-Raven

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike: I am glad you got to spend some time with Eric; it sounds like you both had a great time. Remember it is the quality of the time you spend together and not the quantity. you are a good dad and I know your son enjoys the time you have together.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
Maria

Anonymous said...

I like it that you are making a positive effort to keep close to your son. He won't appreciate it that much now. But, in years to come it will be what he remembers. Regards, Bill.