Monday, November 20, 2006

Weekend Recap Part II

Oye 5:45 am is not a time to wake up.  However for my son the early riser it is.  Anyway Eric joined Chess club at school and wanted me to teach him how to play.  So we played on and off all weekend.  It was fun.  It brought back memories of being in chess club when I was in 4th grade.  I had forgotten I had won a award for getting into a stalemate with the teacher. 

We went down to the pool.  It was warmed to 89 degrees so it was nice and we had it to ourselves.  Very little swimming training, but a good time was had with all.  So after showers and some cartoon watching we headed out for lunch and play at McDonalds playplace.  After that it was over to the Children's Museum to see all the new exhibits.  The usual grumbling from my son about not buying him anything in the gift shop.  I know he use to my ex always buying him stuff, but it was something we always disagreed on.  The just buying and buying of stuff.  It breeds a non appreciation to stuff since new stuff is always coming. 

At the end of the museum it hit him of how much he misses our time together.  It's been over two years, but I think he only deals with it when we are together.  He kept wishing our family was still together and I had to be honest with him.  The way the family is the way it is staying.  It wasn't changing.  Hard to say to him, but like I told him it was okay for him to be sad.  I just wanted him to know it just wasn't going to happen.  Hopefully it will help him move on.

We ended our day with dinner at the Green Cactus.  I forget that Eric will always order the rice and beans and only eat the rice.  We finished it with Churrios an some TV at home. 

Eric wanted to lay his head on my chest while we lay in bed.  After a while I had to move him since my arm was starting to hurt.  I lifted his sleeping form to find my chest soaked.  I don't know if it was from sweat or drool. :(  LOL.  He ended up sleeping in my bed and I in his.  He woke up wondering why I was in his bed.  I told him and he was like I don't remember anything after I fall asleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like you are really connecting with your son. Regards, Bill.