Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Welcome to CiCi's

Went to pick up a small pizza from CiCi's around the corner.  It's great I can get a small pie for $5 and they got the whole dynamics going there.  I was completely shocked and stunned as I pulled up to see it was closed down.  Windows all painted white.  I just sat there trying to conceive of what had happened and not truly wanting to believe it.  They seemed to always to do good business.  So I don't know, but I am bummed.  All the other places around the area are a lot more expensive for a pie.  And since I can't have cheese on mine I am usually at the mercy of waiting for friends to get a pie to have some. 

Another twenty something story.  At my usual Starbucks last night.  There was an attractive twenty something girl working there.  After I sat down to write she kept looking over and trying to get my attention.  LOL.  Tina pulled her aside an talked to her.  I know no one knows my age there, but Tina and Amy know that I am a doctor and not some college guy sitting there. The attention disappeared after that.

Picked some more Christmas decorations up today.  I have to admit even I am now waiting for the speed bump of Thanksgiving to pass by so that I can put up decorations.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a place here that had the best hot wings and then one day it was closed.  I was totally bummed.  I still haven't found another place that can make hot wings that burn my mouth.

Terra

Anonymous said...

My favorite pizza place closed down 5 years ago and I still haven't found a place I really like. The mom and pop shops just taste better, Papa Johns is yucky lol
For some reason this year I can't wait for Thanksgiving to pass by, wanna get right to Christmas. I plan on lighting everything up this year like the Griswalds LOL : )
Try making your own pizza, im sure you could find some easy recipes online. Men need easy when it comes to anything in the kitchen LOL

~ Jenny

http://journals.aol.com/dreamingbrwneyes/DreamingThroughTheNoise/

Anonymous said...

Isn't that so disappointing.  And it usually happens just about the time that you need that familiar, comforting meal.  Well, let's hope that something else good comes along to take it's place.  Tina

Anonymous said...

Here in Las Vegas store closings are a way of life. They look like they are doing well and then they are gone. It is just something else to irritate your day. I have been catching up on your Journal. I hope you have a good visit with your son this weekend. Regards, Bill.