Sunday, November 5, 2006

Saturday

My Mom’s wheelchair arrived today.  So now I am all set to take her out of the memory unit when I see her and take her around.  Due to her decreased cognitive functions from the strokes, new settings can be anxiety provoking.  So I am trying to get her out of her unit routinely so that she can work on that part.  If she stays in the unit she will really not be pushed in that area.  So long distance walking is too hard for her so I made a deal with her.  She has to use her walker in the unit, but I will push her outside.  I know my Mom would love me to push her all over the place.  So I think I got our routine down today.  A stop at the club room for some coffee and then over to the big windows to look at the flowers which she loves.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

I got to stop at the Rock N Roll picture show. It was pretty good with some really nice pictures.  Fewer that I thought and about the right price I would think.

 

Finished Christmas shopping for Eric today and since he is the only person I buy for.  I’m finished. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even want to THINK about Christmas this year!  I wish I could just sleep through them all....<sigh>


Jackie

Anonymous said...

You are a good man for taking care of your Mom and for thinking of ways to keep her "sharp". I've been taking care of my Mom (with Libby's help) since 2000. It is demanding but, it is necessary and my responsibility. It's nice to know that there are others who do this stuff out of love too. My Regards, Bill.

Anonymous said...

Mike...how sweet....I was imagining you pushing your mother around....funny how we switch players as care takers....Very kind for you to take her where she will feel happy...-Raven