Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Tuesday

Voting was an experience this morning.  There is no more voting in the schools.  It's been moved to the churches.  I thought there was a separation of church and state, but I digress.  I pull up and there is a humungous line out the door.  Grumbling I got on the end when one of the poller said that if your name is form L -Z there is a second line. So I walk down the path, down one hall and then another to stand first in line for the L-Z people.  I never knew I was in the minority in my neighborhood. 

Well I finally took care of my Mom's wishes for her death.  I had started it a few months back when I moved it from FL, but I hadn't taken care of the final stuff till today.  It was cheaper here than it was in FL.  Just waiting to here back from my brother if he wants a little keepsake for her ashes.  I don't. I wish I had some of my ferret's ashes, but my Mom's I don't think so. 

My rant for the day is how people think my Mom is so great, by how I act.  It's taken many years to deal with the ravages from my youth, as I still do till this day.  I guess the real thing that pisses me off is that people just don't know me.  It reminds me how some woman use to try and put parenting in a good spin for me when I use to take Eric out when he was young.  I use to look at them as if they had 3 heads.  I think the first few years he was alive I did more for him than my wife and I was working full time.   Oh well, I'm finished.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some people just haven't had to evolve as much as you have, so no, they wouldn't know.   I'm guessing your ferret would have, lol! :)  -- Robin