Monday, November 20, 2006

Weekend Recap Part I

Got a good start Friday morning.  Grabbed a Starbucks before I left since there are almost none on the way up.  The ride is a lot easier just going one way they my marathon round trips.  Not much to say on the way up.  Eric called to say I could pick him up earlier.  I figured that since he usually gets really antsy waiting.  He said he had a count down all week.  He called about 20 minutes too late since I had already passed him and was on my way to my friend's work to pick up the keys. 

I have no idea how many you have been to NY, but as I was driving down the Belt Parkway I saw a sign "Caution Wildlife Crossing".  Now the Belt is a constant sea of traffic.  Even a 2 am its still as busy as some cities rush hour.  So I can't think of anything that could even make it across the parkway alive.  I wouldn't even what to try it.  Besides what the hell could be living there?

Anyway being back in NY is something I don't enjoy.  It's good to see Eric, but all the traffic and congestion is no longer fun.  Oh my ankle hurt from all the stop and go traffic. 

Well this time there was no problem with the pick up with my FIL. The last few times have been problematic and I didn't bring my boxing gloves to go a few rounds with him.

A sad sight was a dog being run over and dragged right in front of me.  The driver was upset, but the dog came running out of no where into the 6 lane traffic.

My friend Paul's place was really nice and a good place to crash.  It was right on the ocean and it was nice to listen to the waves a I sleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, to sleep in a good friends home, with your son, by the ocean:)  Now THAT sounds nice, and likely what you both needed.   I'm glad.   Real sorry to hear of that dog -- BTDT (witnessing I mean, not the driver) and it still tears at me.
-- Robin

Anonymous said...

The wildlife I remember is rats the size of Cocker Spanials. I haven't been in to the City now in about 10 years. I don't miss it. Sounds like a good weekend. I'm waiting for the next part. Regards, Bill.

Anonymous said...

:(  I have never hit an animal.... Only a person.... and he didn't count!  Long story!

Hugs
Jackie