Monday, April 3, 2006

Assisted Living

I've only done a little looking around for someplace for my Mom.  It's been pretty funny so far.  I went to one site and they said they would take loving care of my pet.  I was a bit surprised until I realized I put one letter wrong on the Internet address. 

A lot of places have leases.  I wonder what I could get for my Mom.  Hopefully something decent if I put in a buy out clause after 5 years.  Oh well I guess I will have to talk to a real person to get some real information.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Mike!  I hope you find a decent place for your mom.  Working in the ER, I see so many patients come in from Assisted Living facilities and from Convalescent Hospitals.  Some good, some bad.  

I wish you luck, my friend!

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Just make sure that if at all possible...someone can physically go to where your mom will be and look at it....see what the people are like, etc. We had a different situation....my mom had to go to a nursing home...we chose one that was highly recommended....and it was horrible. A nightmare. We moved her back home and took care of her ourselves until she went to Hospice. Good luck in your search!

Tracie

Anonymous said...

this would be a hard decision to make. Maybe call the local hospital and speak with the social worker there. She/he might have some good recommendations to help you find the one that meets your needs

betty

Anonymous said...

I might need a place for my pet to go to when he get's older. LOL, good luck finding something for your mom.

Anonymous said...

I;m sorry about the stress with your mom...Your a good Son
donna in TEXAS