Saturday, April 8, 2006

Listen

Listen can you hear that?  That's the sound of silence.  That is also the sound of my response from Chris 36 hours later.  Well like the answer I give out to my women friends.  Be direct and if the guy becomes direct with you great.  If you become direct and he takes off.  Great your better off with the bum out of your life. 

What I am grateful for with this experience around is I didn't focus.  Usually I focus when I ask someone out and I put my life on hold until I have an answer.  This time I caught myself before I went into that mode.  So raise the bar higher for me to clear.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry...I am sure the next time will go better for you!

Tracie

Anonymous said...

there are tons of woman out there.

Anonymous said...

No worries hon...she wasn't supposed to stay. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

Did you see Must Love Dogs? I just watched it again last night after seeing it in the Theaters. Too funny, she thinks John Cusack is "too intense" because he is direct. You should watch it!

Anonymous said...

its definitely HER loss!
lisa

Anonymous said...

Move on down the line, darlin.. Theres another busload of women ever 15 minutes or so!  Her loss!!

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your ankle! And....I know it can be frustrating...but look at your mom calling you for things as a blessing...she knows you love her enough to do the little things for her.

Tracie

Anonymous said...

You're on the right track...just keep at it.  :)   I think it's good you didn't put your life on hold...you didn't end up wasting a lot of time and effort on this one person.  
Good for you!  
We live and learn don't we...and it doesn't matter how old we are we still learn.

Michele
http://journals.aol.com/SamNsmile5/LettingItAllSinkIn