Monday, April 17, 2006

Gratitude & Hand Puppets

When I was at work yesterday I got to see many couples walking hand in hand.  Made me want that me in my life again.  However I could tell it was coming from a place of it would make me happy.  In that moment I had forgotten all the happiness I had been in over the last few days.  Something I have been working hard on.  From cleaning the car to setting up my room better.  While these things will not save me they state to me my mind set.  Are they in chaos like me or are they good and in harmony with everything else?  My clean car, my new bed set up, my new bike all nice things, but have given me much pleasure over the last few days since my motivation has been to increase my happiness.  Life is good. 

With that said it reminded me of my friend Jim who died a few years ago from leukemia.  He had this great hand puppet show that I have shown tons of people since it is so great.  The gist of the show is that we attract where we are.  If inside we are healthy, happy people we will be standing tall and attract that.  If we have low self esteem, unhappiness, etc.  we are bend down and can only attract other bent people.  We can't attract a standing tall person since they will see us for what we are.  The rest of the show is that the people who you have around you now will want you to stay down with them as you grow.  Since your changes will show them that they are bent down. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike,

Very good puppet analogy..  I like that!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

mIKE
You worry too much brother...............
Things Will Happen For You !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

great entry! I have huge problems with self-esteem...I never feel as if I am good enough to talk to others...and I mean just as friends...lol...no clue how I ever got a date in my life!

Tracie

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more with that puppet show. Our attitude pretty much controls our destiny I think. I always try to look at the bright side of things; there is no room in my life for negativity...no time for it! Life is too short so I always try to make the best of my situation; even if sometimes the situation isn't so great.
Maria

Anonymous said...

yep good entry. For the most part I'm a very happy person with a lot of self esteem. Of course I do have my days. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Your friend Jim was a wise man.  There is alot of truth in this.  Tina