Sunday, April 30, 2006

After Date News

Everything we had planned was pretty much tossed out of the window.  We hung out for about 4 hours and I had a great time.  And no I did not over think anything, no expectations, and I just enjoyed the time.  Anna was a lot less serious than I thought she would be and she thought I would be older and more serious.  She was late and hung over.  However she is an ex-New Yorker like myself, bubbly (she laughed that I used that to describe her), and very open.  We visited a pottery sale at the library where her room mate had a booth, but wasn't present.  So we got to look around and then I helped her pack the stuff up.  Anna felt really bad about the work, but I didn't mind.  I usually don't mind what I am doing if the company is good.  So she took me out for dinner for helping her.  So we went to Chili's.  Italian NYer's are loud.  I've had enough shushing in my life to retrain myself, but Anna was voicesterous.  So I think we gave free entertainment to those sitting around us since we covered about ever topic known to man.  We hit it off nicely and I think we are both what we are looking for.  A friend to do stuff with that was of the opposite sex.  So next weekend is shot for both of us, but hopefully the week after we can do something again.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...that is so great! How late? Women are usually late...;-)  Hung over is not good! I love pottery! Yum Chilis...love the chicken crispers! Sounds like you had a fun time! That is great! Don't get her upset or she'll have you in some pretzel position next time your are at yoga class! HA!

Anonymous said...

YAAAY!  Finally! You found someone you can relate to somewhat!  Just chill out and let it happen!  Sounds like you two are off to a good start!

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

sounds like a wonderful time worth repeating..good for you!
have w onderful week,
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

I hope you two make plans in a few weeks. Sounds like a good time. Good for you.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it went well!  Sounds like you enjoyed each other's company.
And it helps alot when there are no expectations.  And becoming friends is the best way to start things off.  That way, you become good friends, and if it doesn't go any farther, at least you've gained a friend.  And who couldn't use another friend?  Good Luck.  Keep us posted.
Cathie

Anonymous said...

    Ahhh, Mike .... I am happy for you, my friend.  You deserve good things.  It's nice to see you finally getting them.  Luv,  Tina

Anonymous said...

Yay Mike, this entry had me grinning from ear to ear!!

Terra

Anonymous said...

No expectations..."voicesterous" conversation...great company...This is the message we've all been waiting for. Serendipity at its absolute best. Hey, ya never know! ---angel

Anonymous said...

good for you Mike; glad you had fun!!!
Have a good week.
Maria

Anonymous said...

SO glad your date went well. Hope everything works out with your mom too.
Shadie

Anonymous said...

lol...my hubby calls me the entertainment.  Sometimes I'm not sure if he means that in a nice way..lol  take care,
Dwana

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great date to me
I'm so happy for you!!
Biggest hugs, Marina

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh...a date with Anna?  And I missed this...dangit.  Glad you enjoyed yourself, doll.  Reading on...;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies