Saturday, April 1, 2006

Saturday Night

I'm a little off tonight since the family phone calls.  My family seems to be in a lot of pain with all of this.  It has been my place for most of my life to be taking than pain away from everyone.  However years ago I stopped doing this.  So now I get to see everyone else go nuts with the pain.  It's still uncomfortable, but not really that bad.  A lot of gratitude in that.  I just have to watch that I am feeling my feelings.  Cause I can be taking care of all of this very well, but by pass my feelings.  So let's see.  Some fear that I won't be able to do best I can in this.  Some feelings of less than that I can't do more.  Lot of gratitude that I'm not my family.  Uncomfortable talking to my Mom when her short term memory is having problems.  Happy that I am handling this very well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes your doing a good job handling it all.

Anonymous said...

That's rough.
I'm dealing with a similar situation with my Mom and it's hard.

If your brother wants to be the boss, let him have the job.

Huggs-
Niki

Anonymous said...

The "stepping back" period is difficult for everyone.  Keep yourself safe hon...us "fixers" are the worst at looking out for ourselves. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you that you are handling this so well!  Those first steps of backing away and letting others handle the problems, is always the hardest.  Hang in their my friend!

Hugs,
Jackie