Sunday, April 9, 2006

Sunday Night

Well I had a first last night.  I sprained my ankle running for my first car of the night at work.  Twisted enough times before, but this one really hurt.  Grateful to have done it on the inside instead of the outside of the ankle.  More sturdy on the inside so that I am still able to use the foot with little difficulty. 

Boy do I love Sunday mornings. I don't like to see them just sleep right on through them.  Oh it's beautiful.  As you can see I know longer have a child as a alarm clock.

I whiled my afternoon away at Starbucks writing more of my book.  Slowly getting there.  About 30 pages now.  It is a really good exercise against my perfectionism.  If I am trying to make it perfect I end up writing nothing.

My Mom is starting to bother me.  She has forever called me for little stuff.  Half the time I think she just wants someone to talk to.  However now a days with her memory problems its been kicked up a notch.  Last night it was for her friends phone number.  Today it was could I order food for her.  If I was in a better position when she called maybe I could help, but work and Starbucks not the greatest places for me to find the information.

Met a nice woman today who sings very lovely.  Yes I am moving on.  I'll keep you informed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for  you on the writing and moving on. Hope your ankle is feeling better.



Anonymous said...

    Way to go, Mike.  Yes, keep moving forward.  No sense in waiting around when there are so many other possibilities out there for you.
     I feel for you men.  It has to be frustrating trying to read the minds of the women you would like to see.  I think that after you have extended yourself a couple of times, and you haven't gotten a clear response, then it is up to her to have to make the move.  She can't expect you to keep putting yourself out there over and over again.  
    Hope that ankle gets better in a hurry.  Take care of yourself !  Hugs, Tina

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the ankle....hope it's feeling better today!!  Advil, Ice and elevate.  LOL

Okay...I don't know about you but the Starbucks in our part of town is quite the gathering place.  A lot of networking goes on at Starbucks if you know what I mean.  I like reading the morning paper there...I really don't read much I sit and watch the people while my hubby reads.  :)

Michele