Saturday, April 29, 2006

Heavy Early

I'm tired and sore and in a few hours I need to get up for yoga class.  It was a long night at valet tonight.  The first two parties were pretty much a bust for us.  The last party we nickname the Hoochie Mamma Party.  (hoochie mamma's usually being sluts/whores.)  The real title is the Coalition of Young Black Professionals.  There meetings are pretty normal, but the parties get pretty wild.  The nickname comes from all the women that come have hardly any clothes on.  Doesn't matter if it is the dead of winter.  Usually we get there late after all the set up is done.  Tonight we were there for it.  OMG I wanted a bat.  The guys running it act so entitled.  The rules don't apply to them and like 3 year old they got a answer for everything.  Our biggest problem is that they just don't tip. Of all the parties we do this is the worse. A lot of work with not much money.

One thing I have been working on is playing it cool or taking it easy.  I'm exhausted and I can't think of the word.  Just very casual.  So I will continue with that with Tara tomorrow.  Her email was very non everything.  So I will play it by ear as coherently as I can be.

On the other hand.  Leaving Anna alone for the last 2 days I find a message tonight when I get home asking if I want to help pick some stuff up at an art gallery then grab some Starbucks Sunday. 

Jeez I can't remember what this persona is called.  Of having interest, but not too interested.  Seems to be working better than my usual.  We'll the adrenaline is wearing off from the running so I think sleep is calling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....would the persona be "politely interested" or "a gentleman of discriminating tastes"? Even though you believe Tara to be younger than you, she is still your teacher. Her e-mails would have to be VERY "non-anything." The art gallery and a coffee at Starbucks with Anna sounds like a nice way to spend your Sunday. ---angel

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a bunch of bull. All that work and not getting paid well.  To bad you have to work the hoochie mamma's party.
If you go out on Sunday have a great time.


Anonymous said...

OOO  I can't stand groups that socialize together regularly...especially the women.  I put myself through most of my college SOLELY on tips from waitressing.  We had two groups that we all dreaded for the lack of tips.  I was tipped TEN CENTS one time.  Oh man...don't EVEN get me started on that one. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies