Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Subconscious Assignment for the Day

Usually my subconscious lets me know what I need to work on via my dreams.  So today's assignment since I have decided to accept it is that wrong actions don't make me a bad person.  Age old thing from the dawn of history that if you did something wrong you and "it" were bad.  It has been something I have always tried to impress upon my son that just his actions were wrong that it didn't mean anything about his character (spoken differently for a liitle guy).  I know for myself it is still ingrained defect.  Over time I have sanded it down, but the area is still rough so it still needs work.  I know it took me ages to understand that you could be angry and love someone at the same time.  Two opposite feelings at the same time.  Now that's just crazy talk. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not crazy talk.  We can be angry and love that person at the same time.  

Terra

Anonymous said...

as my kids get older they do understand this. It's not strange to have two emotions going and maybe more.

Anonymous said...

    I've always had a tough time with this one.  I was raised in a house where we weren't allowed to be angry.  I was told on more than one occasion that I "shouldn't feel that way."  I made sure I told my own kids that "how you feel is how you feel" ... And that all feelings are okay.  I am still trying to convince myself of the same thing.   Tina

Anonymous said...

Great acknowledgement of a very difficult lesson.  I am doing the same here.  My kiddies are told they can FEEL as angry as they need to...and they can even express their anger...as long as they are controlled about it.  Interesting that you take lessons from your dreams. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

Do you know that hate and love are so close together that they nearly become one on the feeling spectrum of things.  Tis' true.  Well, I think it's true.. cause I read it somewhere.  Guess it could be wrong.  But, when i think of how strong both of those feelings are, I believe it probably is true.

Hugs,
Jackie