Thursday, April 27, 2006

Doctorhood

I was in the elevator yesterday at my second job talking to this lady.  I found myself stopping myself with stories because they relate to me being a chiropractor.  I hate when I give into fear like that, but I am getting tired of that "cha-ching" sound going off when they find out what I do.  You can see it in the eyes.  I'm not saying all women do this, but I have had enough.  I guess it is a good eliminator, but it bugs me.  Most likely it is an old tape playing that something is wrong with me instead of with the other person. 

My gut is warning me with a female patient of mine.  Need to steer her away from her attraction to me.  Nothing has happened, but I have done this enough years to know where it starts.  Funny this is the first time something this has happened since i have been separated.  It use to happen a lot when I was married, but I have to admit my patient population was a lot different.  I have to admit I was very surprised over the years to how bold women will be.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, some women can be very bold so watch out.
*Louise*

Anonymous said...

You dont need a relationship with a patient, huh? Maybe women like you for YOU and think you are handsome!
lisa

Anonymous said...

personally I wouldn't be saying cha-ching but more of a...yay I get free massages....lol...

Tracie

Anonymous said...

your right some woman are like that, I'm not but I do know some.

Anonymous said...

I`ve heard several single men complaining that all women want is a man to provide everything for them and take care of them. I guess you have to be careful.
Penny

Anonymous said...

Hmmph... I'm finding that alot of men are looking for the same thing!  Of course that means they definitely don't look in MY direction! lol

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

What is the difference between "bold" and "assertive"?

Anonymous said...

Uh oh...I hope you've steered clear of that one.  I think you're making a mistake by not talking about/being comfortable talking about your profession...you're correct...it DOES weed eat.  Tell em... ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies