Saturday, April 15, 2006

Saturday Night

It was clean up day.  I finally cleaned the inside of my car which was still messy and dirty from the move 2 weeks ago.  It's a pleasure not to have crumbs every where.  Forget it when I have my son in the car.  He usually makes a comment about the back seat being messy.  My response is, "well who is the only person who sits back here?   Me," is his answer.  LOL. 

I also cleaned up my room.  The bookshelf needs to be reorganized, but all the carnage that was on the floor is gone.  My bike fits in there and I can still walk around.  Since it is small I need to keep it clean or I will run out of space fast.

I haven't been taking care of my ankle all week so it is sore today.  Doctors make the worse patients.  I know.

My Mom has become a broken record.  Over the last 3-4 days she has called to tell me she has gotten her memory back.  Haven forgotten that she thought she got it back the day before.  It's these little shots of humor that get me through this.

One of my new friends invited me to her family's Easter egg hunt tomorrow which was very nice of her.  I thought it was very nice of her since she really doesn't know me from a hole in the wall.  I can only go for an hour before I have to run to valet, but it will be nice.  Before anyone goes there she is already married.  LOL.

Lastly the hottest day of the year so far and the AC breaks.  Yuck.  At least it will be fixed Monday.  So it will be the fan tonight.  I would like to open the window, but the fire station is right around the corner.  I don't need to hear that at 3 am.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes I was thinking hmmm a woman invited you to Easter, LOL but yes she is married. Oh well. Have a great time and a great Easter. Now remember let the kids find the eggs. J/k.  Take care of that ankle and I'll pray for your mother.

Anonymous said...

I finally cleaned off the 10 foot pile off of my table, so i can relate to the messy car. I am glad your friend invited you out....too bad shes married. Did you have fun? I hope work went well. Have a happy Easter!!
lisa

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying the heck out our cool weather!  It's been in the upper 60's and I'm loving it!!!  It gets hot soon enough round' here!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

I gotta LOL at your mom....my dad has some memory loss so I know how frustrating it is to have to repeat yourself often...but I try to see the humor in it also. Maybe...that woman wants to have a 3-some with you and her hubby?  
  ; )~    Have a great day!!

Tracie

Anonymous said...

Oh no no no no...don't think you're safe just because she's married!  If she's not oggling you herself...she's measuring you for one of her girlfriends!  LOL  I'm glad you're able to have patience and a sense of humour with your mom...that's key hon. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies