Monday, April 24, 2006

Hanging at Lunch

I know that most of my problems are disease of attitudes.  How I look at things shape my world.  So it has been funny that with me enjoying myself and life more that all my problems have taken a backseat.  Not to say that I don't take care of them, but they just don't suck the life out of me that they use to.

Very happy with my bike purchase and have been getting in some good bike time.  I did upgrade it yesterday with a bottle holder for water.  I looked everywhere for one and finally had to go to the bike shop to get one.  And yes I did take it in with the price.  Oye.

Few of you have asked.  No Tara hasn't contacted me back and I doubt if she will go out with me.  That was the gut feeling I had after she said yes then back peddled.  If it happens great, but since I haven't gone my usual route I'm very okay with it as I will be in class tomorrow.  I've putting to use the information I have learned from you ladies and what I have gotten over the past year of dating.  Really done a lot to getting rid of my focusing.  So thanks.

It was good week last week business wise.  A few more patients than normal, but they were all insurance which is a lot more than my cash rate.  The week looked good until I had 2 reschedules.  Although no complaints a new patient walked in looking for a prescription for pain medication.  Wrong place buddy.  However 12 years of training went into effect to have him become a patient.  So things are balancing back out.

Lastly it was a great relaxing day yesterday that was topped off with a movie I have seen in a long time.  Dr. Strangelove or How I stopped fearing and loved the bomb.  Still a great movie.  LOL.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if you are learning to enjoy time alone...good for you!

Tracie

Anonymous said...

Hello Mike.....I am glad to hear about your bike purchase I hope you are happy about it. Mike being such a great guy that you are I know that you will find the right person for you. It is her loss that she isn't going out with you. Your a very terrific guy and any woman would be lucky to have you. That woman doesn't realize when she has found something wonderful. So its her loss that she doesn't see what a great guy you are. If I were in your neck of the woods I would definitely go out with you. The right woman will come along and see that you are a really great person and she will have found something great. Some women just don't know a good thing when they find it. Don't ever change Mike your fine just the way you are. Some of us actually like you such as myself and I know there are others that would agree with me. So just keep being yourself because your a good person...........You are quite liked here at J-Land take it from me.

Anonymous said...

    Isn't that the funniest movie?  It still holds up after all those years.
Sounds like life is good.  You can't beat that, can you?  I know what you mean about the attitude thing.  I can get swept away if I am not careful.  I have to remind myself to let my cares take a back seat, or I'd be overwhelmed 24/7 !   Tina

Anonymous said...

Mike, I would give Tara a nicely scented candle along with a pretty candle holder that she can use whenever she meditates. Let her know how much you enjoy her classes and thank her for being your teacher. If you sincerely have a problem with the Cobra or the Sun Salute or whatever position that is particularly difficult for you, she might take a little time after class to go over it with you. You could offer to help her put away the yoga mats, if any, and walk her to her car. Ask her how her class registration is coming along and show genuine interest. Then you could add "by the way, have you thought any further about having that coffee with me at Star Bucks?" In the meantime, rent or buy "Must Love Dogs" (Diane Lane & John Cusack) and forget any advice that I have given you. :) ---angel

Anonymous said...

Mike glad things are going good for you!!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

I think the secret of happy people is that they CHOOSE to be happy. :)
Penny

Anonymous said...

I love to see how you keep growing both mentally, emotionally and spirtually.  It's all gonna come together for you, Mike..... just give it time!

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

you are sounding wonderful what a good attitude you have. love it. You will have plenty of dates before you know it.  Good for you on a new patient.

Anonymous said...

Playing catch up...can ya tell?  So glad there's no real life-sucking going on. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies