Friday, February 10, 2006

AOL Guest Editor

                   Animation of curtains opening up     

 

Hey everyone, newbies and veterans of my journal.  Don’t mind the lights and all the extra people running around.  This week I bring you my journal from the AOL red carpet as a Guest Editor.  I even got a chair with my name on it.  Very cool.  As you can see I always strive for the gold ring. 

 

 

Well let us get started.  As editor I could pick only a few of my favorite journals.  I have a lot as you can see from my side bar.  The list is longer I just got lazy to put anymore on there.  So I invited a few friends over and the first blog is coming up now.  Let us see who it is.

 

 

 

It’s Marina and Losing It.  As you can see she is a spunky girl as she struts down the carpet.  Her journal started as a weight loss journal, but has developed into a mélange of stuff from funny word quizzes (which she addicted me too), entertainment news, and of course her wacky life plus some great tags.  It was one of my first journals that I read regularly.  I enjoyed it immensely then and I still due now.

 

 

 

 

You may be wondering who this lady is with the pool float around her head.  It’s Tina and Ride Along With Me.  (You’ll need to ask her about the float)  The journal is just her life and musings, but she is an intelligent woman and it comes out in her writing.  Like a good book it always draws me in and I enjoy the ride with her.  I think you will too.

 

  

 

Next up is Monica with Living Life and Loving It.  She’s a woman of many working hats.  Her journal is straight forward daily events, but it’s honest and has care free flavor to it that I enjoy.  Reading it is like listening to a friend on the phone and always a fun time. 

 

 

This next one which is wandering around the carpet is Amy and Sugar, Spice, & Everything Nice.  LOL.  Like Amy states she doesn’t know what she is doing and that is what I like about the journal.  I never know what direction it is going in, but it is always fun.  Hopefully her day on the runway will give her a boost to write more.

 

 

Okay everyone you need to expand your minds for this next one.  It’s Rebecca and In the Shadow of Iris my second journal that I read regularly.  Never a light dish to relax with, but something you really need to chew before you swallow.  I always leave musing about what I have read.  Very rarely leave a comment since I need time to digest and by that time I don’t feel like going back.  However it is a good flip side to my other favorites.

 

 

The last person here on my red carpet is Linda with Living with Chronic Pancreatitis.  This is a journal of someone living with a serious chronic disease.  The fun times maybe far apart, but the honesty and pain are real and that comes out in the writing.  Reading it makes mewant to strive for the same in my other journal Crystal Clear Days of Insanity.  Take a look you won’t regret it.

 

 

The biggest question I get is how I named my journal.  Well it’s named after a quote from the old Tick cartoon.  It was a statement he made to his side kick Arthur when he though he was going insane.  I had always loved the line and was happy to finally be able to use it.  It’s just my crazy mind on paper or what ever you would call this medium.  It’s light, fun, and I hope it makes you think every once in a while.

 

 

 

Now about me I’m a 39 year old Chiropractor by day and valet by night.  If you read my journals you will know me better than I could describe myself here.  I hope you will come back and visit me after I get off of the carpet.  I hope you will visit all my other friends on the side of the journal also.  All are very good.  I just couldn’t invite everyone.  Some of the bloggers you have already seen before. 

 

My experience here has been great.  I have met many great people and have made many good friends.  I hope to see you here one day and you get your own chair.  What?  What do you mean I can’t keep the chair?  Oh man, what a jip.

      Animation of curtains opening up

 

40 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww I love you !!! LOL It's funny how my journal just became a catch all but I got tired of just writting about losing weight there's so much more to life.
Thank you for picking my journal Mike you're the best extra big hugs for you today, Marina

Anonymous said...

Congradulations on being Guest Editor................
I Love your journal as I did some lurking today on it.
I definately will be back.........
All this wandering in your journal, I am tired...... whew....
What......... theres no extra chairs to sit in.  Darn.

Anonymous said...

WTG making guest editor!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

fun and games!
nat

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being guest editor.  Great picks.  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

congrads Mike
WTG
<3
Mis

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being guest editor!!  You've also picked some great journals to join you....Enjoy your time in the spotlight!!   I enjoyed checking your journal out...good stuff.  :)
Michele
 http://journals.aol.com/samnsmile5/LettingItAllSinkIn

Anonymous said...

Congrats to being made Guest Editor! I was the Guest Editor from last week, and I met a lot of cool people and received great feedback. Enjoy the run!

Anonymous said...

Well congrats on being the guest editor...how exciting.  I am a constant reader of a few of your pics....and I am stopping in on the others.  Take care.
Dwana

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being an editor.  -Dawn-

Anonymous said...

    Hey there Mike!  First off, congrats on being the Guest Editor.  Your journal is a great read, and I always look forward to seeing what you have to say ... and how you say it.   Next, Thank you soooo very much for choosing to feature my journal.  I certainly do appreciate it, and I am glad that you enjoy visiting my humble site ... I am honored !
    I will suggest to the higher-ups that they let you keep the chair, and of course, put your name on it.  You deserve at least that much !   Enjoy your week in the spotlight, my friend ....  xx Tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

Anonymous said...

Anyone who likes my friend Marina is A okay in my book!  Congradulations on  being picked guest editor! Barbara

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on making guest editor..you've got fun and vibrant animated graphics--I like that.
Ann
http://journals.aol.com/urbannote/saysomething

Anonymous said...

Well Mike, You've done it again!  I loved how you introduced all of us!  You did good, my friend!  And Congratulations on being Guest Editor!  You so deserve it!
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm new to your journal looks great and will keep reading.  

Anonymous said...

I knew it was only a matter of time before you were discovered.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well deserved. But don't let this go to your head LOL
Just teasing, enjoy being in the spotlight!!
~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

I like your style!

http://journals.aol.com/godlyfava8/DiaryofaSoldOutWoman

Anonymous said...

congratulations on being picked guest editor. Lots of good journals you picked.

betty

Anonymous said...

Great Picks! Amy from Sugar and Spice is one of my all time favorites as well as Iris!

~Jaime

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS..ONE OF THE FIRST BLOGS I REALLY ENJOYED READING, CAUSE IT'S FUNNY AND CAPTIVATING.  YOU DEFINATELY DESERVE THIS HONOR!  VISIT MY WEBLOG AT.............
http://journals.aol.com/divadianamail/TheKingTheKidney/

I WILL DEFINATELY CHECK-IN ON YOUR SITE OFTEN!!
REGARDS, DIANA

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being this week's Guest Editor!
Lady K

Anonymous said...

really enjoyed your journal..Ill definitely be back!! Ginger
http://journals.aol.com/nyboots/AssistedLivingCenterActivity/

Anonymous said...

congrats!! love your descriptions of your picks!!

Ive been to many of them, they are all great.

Ill take a browse around your journal for a bit!

nice to be here!

--Meg

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being Guest Editor!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike!! I got an email congratulating me on being a guest editor's pick. I didn't even know what that was. LOL... And then I came here to read your journal and I quickly found out. LMAO!! Thanks for including me.

Congrats to you on being the guest editor! I can see from your comments that you are found now. You will soon be making new friends. Just don't forget about the ones that have been here for a while. :o) J/K

Have a good weekend!

***Monica

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mike on being Guest Editor this week!  I will definitly check out the journals your listed!

Come by and say Hi..  I'm right around the corner from you! :)

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hello......I am a new visitor to your journal. I like the title of it by the way. I really hope that you continue your journal. CONGRATULATIONS to being guest editor. I also keep a journal titled "Dear Diary". You can find me at -----------------> http://journals.aol.com/southernmush/DearDiary/

I would like you to come by and say hello.........Feel free to pop in anytime. I will continue to come by and visit you. Thanks for sharing your journal with us here at J-Land.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,

I like your graphics. My Journal is plain. I also like your bright commentary. Very refreshing. Business must be good.  When I feature my garden things brighten up a bit. Generally I write about ...."whatever", including politics, music, travels (photos) and the farm. Thank you for the various Journals. Makes life more interesting.

Richard Englefield

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am new to your journal and I am looking forward to reading more. I LOVE your graphics.
*Louise*

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!  I look forward to checking out your picks.

Anonymous said...

I love your journal! Great editor's picks too! I will definitely be back to read more of your journal! Thanks!
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the pick!

Will check your journal out...

Psychfun

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! Will have to visit you & catch up on your life. Come see me sometime, love company!
Blessings,
SUGAR
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/MYLIFE/

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being the Guest Editor.  I'm new to your journal but I really love your graphics and sense of humor.  I already read some of your choices and totally agree with you.  Those I haven't read will soon find me lurking around.  I love getting acquainted with new writers.  Pennie

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Mike! I like the way you put your entry together on the red carpet! I'm new to reading you--here're my links: photogrpahy. writing and this and that! ;-) Sassy/Deb

http://journals.aol.com/SassyDee50/SassysEYE
http://journals.aol.com/SassyDee50/SassysWORD
http://journals.aol.com/debbted/SassysSecondWord

Anonymous said...

Hi, nice to meet you.  Congrats!  I read both Tina and Amy too...really enjoy them.  Enjoy the chair ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

not sure i like all the same choice you ve made but congrats maybe now one of your choices will get vivi nod for this year , just look at the power in your hands LOl
http://journals.aol.com/ghstmarx/AllthisandMore/  I have another but its not upto date

Anonymous said...

Hi!! C o n g r a t s on making guest editor this week! Enjoy it! You have some fabulous pics here. Enjoyed my visit!

Amanda
Guest editor Dec. 30-Jan.6
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

Anonymous said...

Hey MIke!  Imagine my surprise to see you as Guest Editor!  What an honor!  CONGRATS!  Sorry I have not been around much, working 11 hours a day right now. :(  I WANT MY LIFE BACK!  I miss reading journals.  Will try to catch up with ya soon.  Oh, and run on over and crack my back fer me.  Sitting in a computer chair for so many freakin' hours is takin' its toll. :-P

Blessings!~
Susan

Anonymous said...

P.S.  Oops!  Did not realize I signed on under my sons screen name.  Sorry!

Blessings!
Susan
Rjet33 NOT Bdashrock187, lol