Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Today is Wednesday

Well today is the day I tell my landlord that I will be moving out at the end of February.  Part of me wishes we were arguing or something to make it easier.  It is just me taking on stuff that is not mine.  Namely how this will affect him which is none of my business.  The funny thing was that I was thinking of my friend breaking up with his girlfriend  and how he told her.  When I told him I was thinking of him for moral support he laughed cause he said he was thinking of me and my landlord for his moral support.  LOL..  It's how we help each other.

Grateful to be single today in all aspects of my life.  When I am alone I take care of myself very well.  However when I am with someone I instantly focus on that person.  No need to look at myself anymore and I leave myself standing outside in the rain.  My Mom has been telling me that since I was little.  Always taking care of other people at my own expense.  I don't believe I will overcome this being by myself, but at this point in my life I need the focus to get to the place I want to be.

When I was growing up a postal job was one that was looked on with reverence.  Good pay, low stress, and a good pension.  Reading the paper yesterday at another post office violence reminded me how times have changed and how the term "going postal" has become a recognized term in today's society.  Just a musing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...at this point in my life I need the focus to get to the place I want to be."

sounds like you're handling yourself well.
goodluck with your moving.
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

I used to be a postal worker. And I can see why they go crazy!! That place is nuts. I've still not received my paycheck from the week before Christmas!!! That would be enough to drive anyone over the edge. LOL

It's nice to hear someone that likes to be single. I'm glad you are happy with it. It's better than being lonely.

Have a good day!

***Monica