Monday, February 6, 2006

A Man's Perspective

"Just remember us guys always see you women in a light you never see yourselves."

I was talking with another blogger about how men see woman.  The above statement is what I said and was repeated by her husband.  Guys see looks very different than women do.  Remember men don't use make up.  We hope to have the same hair cut and barber for DECADES.  Suits come in black, gray, or dark blue.  We learned early on to live in harmony with our defects and imperfections.  From what I can see you women haven't.  In 16 years of knowing my ex her weight fluxuated up and down.  I never knew when she gained weight.  I could tell when she lost though.  We'll know when you glitz yourself up, but expect us to know that some imperfection is showing.  Give me a break.  We all like our spouses to be attractive physically (our version of it), but in any long term relationship that will fall to the way side and deeper attractions will take hold.  Us guys may not know what they are, but we will always think you are as beautiful as the first day we met you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true...what only matters to me is the character and whats inside a person as far as my attraction to men is concerned...looks just aren't  a top priority..so many more important things to consider.

Anonymous said...

"Just remember us guys always see you women in a light you never see yourselves."

Wow, this entry is hard to read. Reminds me of a great guy I lost because I could never believe this. What he saw in his eyes just isnt me, or what I think is me, and when you can't even take a compliment, well he had just had enough.
~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

Ah Mike, this is so sweet!  I wish I had a man like YOU in my life!  I could really use your sweetness & your kindness & your attention to things & your awesome personality in my life every single day!!!!  You are the greatest!
Hugs, Linda