Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Let It Go

Mr. Irate Paranoid is still on my mind from yesterday.  I'm still angry from it an in a few more hours it will turn to resentment so I am heading it off.  I know my anger comes from me feeling helpless.  I know I wasn't yesterday I chose to be respectful to him instead of mouthing off at him.  I still believe it was the right thing to do.  However it kicked up old stuff of people going ape shit on me.  During those times in the past I was helpless and didn't know how to handle the situations.  So I would keep reworking it in my mind replaying it and replaying over and over with me creating new ways to get back at this person and feel like I had some power again.  This time in making a conscious choice I owned my power with the situation, but it still brings stuff up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He just needs a few of your joke fwds, that will cheer him right up, or really make him go ape shit LOL.
The hardest part for me is learning to let it roll of my back and know it has nothing to do with me. The stuff that it brings up isn't as easy to let go.  I hope as your day went on it got better.
~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike,
You did the right thing with this jerk yesterday!  I think you are putting way too much into it.  You were the bigger person, and you should be proud of yourself, and go on with you life.  Don't give that ass another thought.  If you do, then he wins in a big way.  Keep that chin up, you!  
Hugs, Linda