Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Happiness Pill

                     

Something I struggle with from time to time is happiness.  It is not that I don't get happy, but I rip it away from myself too fast.  I remember about two years ago my friend Steve use to hammer me with that.  How I usually come from a perspective of negativity.  It took me a while to swallow since I am a very hopeful person, but he was correct.  If I don't actively work on it I can put a negative spin on things and take my happiness away from myself. 

On the other side of the coin is that I would like my happiness to last longer than it normally should.  Like a good meal or a funny joke it only last for a certain amount of time.  That meal was good last night, but damn I am hungry today.  I can keep trying to bring Lazarus back from the grave to keep that good feeling going, but all things do end.  I know that like all things I need to keep taking care of myself to have more happiness.  If I keep the ball rolling in the positive direction those good things and happiness with follow.  Just need to keep working on the balance.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open."

 ~John Barrymore


~V~

Dang, I really need to start up another journal, and give YOU something to read :)

Anonymous said...

I think you have the right attitude to keep working on the balance

betty

Anonymous said...

keep working on it. It`s all about attitude.
Penny

Anonymous said...

I'm happy most of the time and it seems like your working on it too.  Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Hey we all need to keep working on it!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

"If you observe a really happy man you will find him building a boat, writing a symphony, educating his son, growing double dahlias in his garden, or looking for dinosaur eggs in the Gobi desert. He will not be searching for happiness as if it were a collar button that has rolled under the radiator. He will not be striving for it as a goal in itself. He will have become aware that he is happy in the course of living life twenty-four crowded hours of the day."
W. Beran Wolfe

~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

That's all any of us can do. Just keep working on it
Hugs, Marina

Anonymous said...

    Yup,  balance is the toughest thing in life.  I tend to be an 'all or nothing' person about many things, so I have to work on that one.  I have found that when I have a smile on my face I feel better, even if I have nothing in particular to be smiling about.  Maybe the smile fools the brain ?  Who knows .... I just know it works for me !   Tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

Anonymous said...

First, thank you Michael for picking me as a Guest Editor pick, I feel most honored and appreciate it very much!!!! ::Big smile::

About that glorious happy pill we all look for, well I pretty much do the same thing. Then of course when happy feeling is gone, at least it give mes an excuse to search out the next happy pill. Finding the content between those lines, now thats another little tricky pill~~

Enjoy your week in the Captains chair of editor world!!
Rebecca