Monday, February 27, 2006

Let's Get Physical

Well my trip went well.  I did forget my clothes and had to go back for them, but gratefully I wasn't to far.  However I made good time both ways. 

I've been out of NY for over 2 years now and I don't miss it.  If it wasn't for my son I don't think I would ever go back.  It doesn't feel like home and the feeling that is there I don't like.  OMG I forgot how every thing is so expensive.  LOL.  I've gotten use to my cheaper southern lifestyle.  The weather was cold, but not bad.  However the wind was brutal. 

My son enjoyed the presents however I think he enjoys more the physicalness that I bring to the relationship.  No one else is going to rough house him or pick him up.  Maybe it's the age.  I do know it is part of being a boy.  he was very happy to topple me over in wrestling.  I need to work out more since he is getting bigger and stronger. 

Eric did very well with the bike.  The best part was that he was exhausted that night and slept like a log.  I forgot what the world looks like before 6 am.  Still don't like it.  The funny thing is that he scoured my car for happy meal toys and found a bunch.  He seemed to like them the best.

We played a lot of board games, he road his bike, and we went to McDonald's play land so that he could get his kids interaction fix.

I was pissed at my ex.  She sent a project that Eric had to do for school.  I was very happy to do it, but it was a week long project.  Not a good way to teach good skills.  Anyway it was vacation journal with Flat Stanley (that's the small picture person in the pics).  Enjoy the pics.

The drop off ride is always a quiet one.  We are not looking forward to it and he is hard to engage.  However it was great time and I will miss him greatly.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How in the world did you manage to forget your clothes,of all things? lol  Toothbrush, medicine, deodorant.... but your clothes? ha  Good thing you remembered, huh?

Nice pics!  Your son is so cute!  He looks alot like you!

Glad you had a good time, but I'm sure it was hard to say goodbye..

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time with your son!! Yea the saying good bye part is always hard!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

YAY!  So glad you were able to spend time with him.  What a patutti!  You are in the south?  Ok...how did I miss that...  My kiddies LOVED the Flat Stanley Project.  My youngest is waiting her turn.  Sweet sweet pics, Dad. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! You should keep your clothes on at all times so you do not leave them elsewhere. LOL. The pics are great. You got a cute son. Looks like you had as much fun as he did with this visit.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,
It sounds like you had a very good time with your son!  I'm so happy for you!  The pic's are great.  You can see how much that boy loves you!  You are such a good dad.  I don't blame you for being angry at your ex...that wasn't fair of her to do that to you!  EERRGGHH!!   Only I can hear the sadness in your writing when you had to drop him off.  That makes me sad for you.  When will you get to see him next?  I hope you won't have to wait too long!  I'm glad your back!  I really missed you!
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

your son looks like a cutey for sure.  I'm so happy you had a great time with him, it goes by fast.

Anonymous said...

your son is very good looking; seems like you had a good visit. I would imagine saying good bye to him would be hard

betty

Anonymous said...

Your son is precious, what a great smile he has! I hope it isn't too long before you see him again. I have a feeling that smile is so big because he's spending time with you.
~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to be able to spend time with your child.
Shadie

Anonymous said...

I'm liking flat stanley LOL
Great pictures despite the flash. He's very good looking little boy. God bless him
Sounds like you had fun I'm so glad Hugs, marina

Anonymous said...

  Hey Mike,  I'm so glad to hear that you and your son had a good time.  Sounds as though the gifts were a big hit .... But I am betting that the biggest hit was spending time with you. What a handsome young man, and he looks very happy !  I'd say that the trip was a great success.  How wonderful for you both!  Tina