Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Good Living

It's funny how I can apply something to other people, but not myself.  Today at my second job I was talking to one of the woman in the building.  We were just chatting about the coming weekend.  I said I wouldn't be around for the weekend since I was going to NY to see my son.  She looked at me and said you're too young to have kids.  So I asked how old did she think I was?  She said 16 cause she didn't know.  It was funny to see her world stop when I told her I was 39.  She looked at me and said I'm 39.  LOL.  Then she asked me if I do a lot of clean living which I replied yes.  She admitted she hadn't which I knew.  Smoking and drinking had taken it's toll on her skin. 

I know most of my young looks are genetic from my Mom, but I never take into account all the clean living I do. I talk to my patients about it, but I never give myself the credit for it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't give yourself enough credit for anything, lol now you sound like a wonderful guy.  Hmm good living, yikes in my younger days I was a wild woman.

Anonymous said...

I don't think most people realize how hard smoking and drinking are.  Both of those vices really age a person not to mention destroy their health.
So give  yourself credit for living clean.

I do!

Niki***

Anonymous said...

I think genetics definitely play a role here. Didn't smoke, drink a bit, but I always looked older than my age. Son,(adopted), will be carded til he's 40.

enjoy time with son

betty

Anonymous said...

Way to go...it would be nice to hear something like that.  
"Oh, you don't look a day over 20"   HA!!!  LOL  
Oh well, I need to be realistic and face the facts ~ I'm old.  
Your pic in your about me...you do look young...baby face!!  :)  That's good!

Michele
http://journals.aol.com/SamNsmile5/LettingItAllSinkIn

Anonymous said...

Genetics plays a big part. I get carded all the time Stan gets a bit upset when I forget the ID at home LOL Oh well I'm not complaining. Okay gotta go get some medicine LOL this being sick is getting old
Hugs, Marina

Anonymous said...

Age is a number, it is really how you feel and how you ACT. People usually flip when I tell them my age as well AND that I have 3 kids.  Kind of on that note, I am baffled at how some people just let themselves go.  I am not talking that they just get fat, I mean, they turn 30, buy a minivan, chop off their hair, no make up, no cute outfits...they just convert into this supposed "MOM BEING" that somewhat resembles a feminine creature.  That doesn't work for me.  It is there that I believe a woman  somewhat dooms herself into not aging gracefully.  UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL YOU LOSE YOURSELF!!! (I went off the subjuect a bit right??)  Kudos on looking great!  GO to the nearest mirror and KISS yourself!
Loris

Anonymous said...

My mom looks twice as old because of her smoking and drinking!!! When you are healthy and you take care of your body you look younger!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)