Thursday, February 9, 2006

In the Court of the Crimson King

Well court this morning was just one big pain after another.  I got there and we weren't listed anywhere.  When I asked the clerk's office they said go over to courtroom B.  So I sit there for till the have a recess and I still haven't been called.  By this time my patient has finally arrived.  I talk to the clerk and she says try next door then go back to the clerks office.  Next door is a strike out.  I run into my patient outside and he wants to be buddies.  I don't think so.  Anyway the clerks can't find it, but will send whatever info to the court room. 

After a while we get up in front of the judge and he wants the levy.  I don't have it since it should be in the missing file.  So we have to wait while the contact the next city's over sheriff's department since they should have it.  Well during the wait my patient finds his copy and we can go forward when court resumes. 

So we get back up in front of the judge again. He ask my patient if he has filed some paperwork which he responds, "no".  Case dismissed. 

So there is no celebration in Mudsville today since if he can get around to it he will refile the injunction.  Meanwhile I need to get more copies of the levy so I can get that going again. 

One thing I did decide while I sat there in court listening to all the cases was that I would file for all the money that is owed me over $100.  I won't go to the extremes that I am now unless I have all the information, but it will be a blotch on their record and will stop them from getting loans until it is paid.  No reason to be a victim.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya, buddy. Crime does not pay. It is also common sense: you owe, you pay. Hope you'll get what you are owed.

Anonymous said...

What a pain in the butt!

Terra