Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Say A Prayer

We have been talking about this for the last week at my second job.  One of the secretaries never talked to anyone when she left the building.  You would say "hello" and she would just keep walking.  It was very strange, but no one knew why.  Well we found out today.  It was because her husband use to pick her up after work everyday.  If she talked to anyone he would beat her more than he normally did.  How did we find this out?  Well last week he upped the ante by putting a gun in her mouth and blowing the back of her head off. 

I grew up with the stories of my grandfather and his rages.  I am very surprised how many patients I have that have gone through it.  Spinal fusions from being thrown downstairs or through walls.  I even have a lady that has titanium in her face that was used to reconstruct it after it was caved in. 

Not quite sure where I am going with this all.  Just a lot of feelings and just letting them out.  Can't really say that since I didn't use many feeling words, but just needed to get it out.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're here and listening.  Holy mother of God!  My sister is divorced from a whack job like that...VERY scary.  I hid she and her boys for three months when she finally left him.  He is a VERY prominent doctor in Montgomery...I would SOOOO love to blow the whistle on that bastard... ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

OMG that is absolutely horrid and there is nothing in my opinion worse than a cowardly anatomically correct male (not man because it takes more than that to be one).  That is just so horrible and I don't even know what to say about that other than women need to wake up and realize that men like that don't change, they aren't sorry and one day they more than likely will go too far.  I can't imagine how you must feel because it has to be something surreal to see someone daily and have this happen.  You're in my prayers, Brandy

Anonymous said...

    Mike, this is absolutely heartbreaking.  And I know there are those who will question why she stayed.  I'm sure she was too paralyzed by fear to do anything else ... and with good reason.  I don't think I will ever understand this kind of thing.  I don't think we are meant to.   Tina

Anonymous said...

How sad for that secretary. I know her world. I hope that man dies and dies soon.
Take care my friend.
lisa jo

Anonymous said...

that is so terrible to hear......the prayer I guess would be that justice would be served on that man for the pain and agony he caused someone he was supposed to love and protect

betty

Anonymous said...

Wow that really hit home.

Terra

Anonymous said...

that is so awful I got chills reading this.  I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable.  WEll, not really, as it seems today, violence is the way so many people find it easiest to solve a problem.  No value for human life.

I'm sure this was very traumatic for you..

My condolences, Mike..

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Good lord. That gave me the chills. I am a domestic abuse survivor who narrowly escaped what that woman could not. It's horrible. So many people go through this on an hourly basis.....and so many others are quick to tell them to "get out." It's been my personal experience that you feel powerless to do just that. People are not in that relationship to be abused. Fear keeps them where they are at, and if they do decide to get out, they rely on luck, fate, and hopefully a strong support network to help them. It makes me so sad to know that she never got that chance. What an important entry you made. Your journal is very good. I'll be visiting again.

Anonymous said...

It is really sad when people think that they have to beat the crap out of someone to feel like a big shot!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! I've had students also being abused. One left a 3 year relationship that was horrible from "thinking" in my class. So glad! I will say a prayer...and that this guys gets "justice".