Monday, February 13, 2006

Counters

Well from all my comments I have received I am not the only one having this counter problem.  I was trying to put a counter from another site here, but I encountered some problems.  While figuring out what to do I had time to reflect.  Then it hit me the answer was in my face.  I was using the counter as a gauge to how my journal was doing.  On reflection this is only says that a lot of people are looking not that they are liking what they are reading.  The last few days I have been swamped by all the comments of new people plus all my regulars of how much they like my journal.  There it is.  That is what really tells me how my journal is doing. 

 

On a side not.  A new antenna topper now resides on my car.  Looks just like the old one.  All is good in the world again.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool!  I love your attitude about the counter; at one time, I was counter obsessed.  I have since let it go.  In fact, I only checked my counter when I started hearing of counter issues.  One day it was almost to 30,000. The next day it was at 10!  I agree with you about the proper way to gauge the success of our journals; I know I read yours because I like it!  I thank the "editor's picks" for bringing me here...JAE

Anonymous said...

I like your antenna topper!

Anonymous said...

love the antenna topper; so cheery! My son got one from Jack in a Box this past winter when visiting Palm Springs. He knew if he put it on his antenna it would be gone within days so he didn't.

good attitude about the counter; I removed mine like I said and have no regrets doing so.

Awesome journal :)

betty

Anonymous said...

You know what?  You are absolutely right, and that's one of the reasons I haven't persisted in getting a new counter.   I have my regulars who comment, and everyday it seems I gain a new friend and reader, and that far outweighs the numbers on the counter! :)

jackie

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how to do this stuff. I'm learning.  I tried to get a new counter but I couldn't do it.  Good for you on the antenna and so far I love your journal.
http://journals.aol.com/am4039/life/

Anonymous said...

I like the antenna topper!!! With that on it would be easy to find your car!!! lol.... sometimes those hit counters suck!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

My counter went back to zero too! Ugh!