Thursday, February 2, 2006

Man of Action

I always get results confused with actions.  As I have had hammered into my head over the years is that I am only responsible for my actions not their outcome.  This is always something good for me since I can feel like a bum when results are slow to come.  However the reality is that I am taking many actions.  A few years ago I felt like I was doing nothing in my business when I had just finished a big meeting with the head of the fire department of the city. It had been a big meeting, but I felt like a bum since I was waiting for the results of the meeting to come to fruition.  I had completely overlooked all my footwork to get to that place.  Which is usually me in looking for the bells and whistles instead of the small stuff.  So again today I find myself in the same place.  Planting a lot of seeds for my business and waiting for the results.  This time so as not to feel like a bum while I wait I remembered to keep a log of everything I am doing.  Looking at it I see that I have done and am doing a lot on a daily basis. trying to keep more of my focus on that then waiting for the results which can make me feel like a failure.

No comments: