Sunday, February 5, 2006

Sunday Chillin'

snoopydoghouse

Well our new house roomie moved in Friday, but like my other roomie I never see them since we are on different schedules.  Oh boy am I glad I put my notice in Wednesday since Jamie, the other roomie, put her notice in yesterday.  Man that would have really been tough to be second.  I know she just dropped a letter off.  I'm more of a face to face person.

I need to work better on helping my son stand up for himself.  He called me from the car yesterday to tell me what he had gotten and did yesterday.  As our conversation continued the back ground noise slowly grew till we couldn't hear each other.  My ex in her pain did her usual of trying to block it out with loud music, but it interferred with our conversation.  I didn't have anything else to say, but I should have pointed out that he should have said something if he couldn't hear me.  Much of dealing with my ex's abuse will come from his ability to stand up to her.   I know I can still fall back on old habits, but it is not a great teaching tool for him.  Although I know I we will have plenty of future incidents to practice on.

lazysnoopy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah Mike.....It sounds like you ex is a big ole' bully!  I hope your son will eventually learn to stand up for himself.  Not to be on his side or anything but its so hard to stand up to your parent, and not seem disrespectful.  Keep working with him.  There is a way to go about it that isn't.  You can do it, bud!  
Hugs, Linda