Monday, February 20, 2006

Writing

"Today, I will remember that there is a powerful force motivated by writing down goals.  I will do it now, for the year to come, and regularly as needed.  I will do it not to control but to do my part in living life."

 

I've read this affirmation for about 4-5 years daily now.  However over the last few years I have dropped the practice of it.  A lot of changes in my work routines led to it's decline, but I have not made a effort to keep it up has been nailing the nails in the coffin. 

 

I am good at thinking things up, but keeping it all in my head is a problem.  Like a juggler with too many balls in the air I start dropping things.  Usually it is by forgetting and then I will hopefully remember in the future. 

 

Please do not link directly to this image

 

I was reminded of this when I was talking to a friend over the weekend.  We were chatting online and she was asking me for some help figuring a problem out.  When she finished typing it all out she said never mind I know the solution.  It reminded me of the power of seeing things in black & white.  It makes things more objective.  It is harder to deny the facts since you can't turn from them like you would in your mind. 

 

It was one of the reasons I started this journal up.  I use tojournal daily, but over the years I have let it slide.  Like the person that told me about this I feel some accountability to stay current with my entries. 

 

 

It is also a good reminder of how life is.  Doesn't matter what I did yesterday or the day before.  My journal will not stay by sitting on my laurels.  It continues by working on it daily like myself, my job, my relationships, etc.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good entry Mike.  I agree about keeping up with your journaling.  Sometimes, just seeing thing in black and white, can help you come to a decision or conclusion about something that you couldn't figure out before.  It's happened to me, here, with my own journal.

jackie

Anonymous said...

Great entry.  I still journal in my hardcopy.  KEEP WRITING it out! ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

great insight; I like my online journal, but the best journal I really try to write in daily is my prayer/devotional one.

betty

Anonymous said...

Mike, ya got too many irons in the fire...........
You need to hire you a personal assistant............

Anonymous said...

I really have enjoyed journaling, I feel like I can rant and rave.  It someone leaves a comment that will help then I'm happy.  It's nice to hear what people have to say.  Keep it up.
http://journals.aol.com/am4039/life/

Anonymous said...

I love writing in my journal!! It is my outage.. my relaxation!! I love it!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)