Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

Cupid Flasher

 

Happy Valentine's Day everyone.  And yes I do keep my heart in my pants.  No diaper though.  I awoke this morning okay that it is Valantine's Day and I am by myself this year.  It's by choice.  However after talking to a few people today I am starting to feel like a leper.  Hey it's not a birth defect or an injury.  So I find this sympathy misplaced.  No one cared yesterday and no one will care tomorrow. 

 Maybe I'll have to put a blow up doll in the corner of the office and say that is my date.  People's faces would be priceless, but I don't think I would have any patients after that prank.    I am staying out of any stores today that have cards, balloons, or flowers.  It will be a Christmas nightmare all over again.  Even yesterday when I stopped at Party City to pick up St. Patrick's Day decorations for the office it was a mob scene.  I felt out of place with everyone grabbing red heart shapes and me grabbing green shamrocks.  I think everyone was caught up in the frenzy to notice me.  Enjoy the day everyone.

 Happy Paddy's Day    

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel.  Someone at the office just got a dozen roses.  It kinda makes your heart sink a little.


Anonymous said...

I think I'm the only girl who didn't get flowers today : (
I guess there's always next year. Keep your chin up and stay away from the blow up dolls lol
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!
~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

Awww Chin up
Hugs, Marina

Anonymous said...

I truly think Valentine's Day is highly over-rated. Just another reason for people to spend money and make the card companies and candy companies richer.

betty

Anonymous said...

I think the blow up doll is a great idea!!

Terra

Anonymous said...

Aww, Happy Hearts Day anyway!  Just look at it this way, less chances you'll catch some VD's HAHAHAHAHAH!

Yeah, I got a sick sense of humor over here :)~

~V~

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day Mike!

xoxox
Niki

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day Mike...................
Heres hoping you dont have to spend it alone next year, or you find a way to disguise that blow up doll..... LOL
Take Care my freind.

Anonymous said...

Happy V-day and sorry that your alone even by choice.  
http://journals.aol.com/am4039/life/

Anonymous said...

Mike you are a good looking guy. I find it amazing that you are alone this year!
Valentine's day is for everyone not just for the significant other in your life. People often forget that.

Living near Chicago, I was driving into the city this weekend on Lake Shore Drive and I noticed the city was painted in red. The Sears Tower, the Hancock, and all the others had the lights in red. Very romantic. I can see how someone single can get depressed when they don't have someone in their lives. Come on, the whole city in red! I know it would make me feel like a loner. Jeesh even the buildings are showing signs of love!

But St. Paddy's day.. Chicago the best place in the US to celebrate it as we dye the Chicago River green. Really cool.

OK I need to make that phone call now really!

Becca~

Anonymous said...

Hello...........

"HAPPY VALENTINES DAY !!!!!!!" You have many Valentines ---- all of us here at J-Land. People like me enjoy your journal and I will be back for another visit soon. I care today and tomorrow I came to visit you today..............Here I am. Your appreciated and so is your writing. You are appreciated and I'm showing it by coming to visit and coming to visit and coming to visit. You have us all here at J-Land you are a part of J-Land's family forever.........Your stuck with us.

Anonymous said...

I'm married and I prefer St. Paddy's day to Valentine's day any time, lol.  Could be that my grandparents moved here from Ireland so we are very proud of the Irish bloodline who knows, lol.  I think V-day is wayyyyy overated.

Anonymous said...

Your graphics are cute!!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)