Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The End of V Day

I want to thank everyone for the very nice comments and emails wishing me well on this day.  LOL.  Guys don't care, but women seem very saddened that you don't have someone to spend the holiday with.  LOL.

Most people don't get that I choose to be single again a while ago and it may be a while before I date again.  When I started dating again about 9 months ago after 16 years it was because I felt I had hit a wall of self growth.  That I needed to be in a relationship again ti challenge me to grow some more.  I got a lot out of dating again, but that feeling of needing to be in a relationship again to grow disappeared.  Now when I think of dating again the only reason I can think of is sex.  I've connected sexually with women my whole life and it lead me to bad relationships.  So now I strive for more intimate relationships, but at this time I don't really want one.  I know I need more Mike time.  So I am enjoying my single time.

Thanks again for all the warm wishes.  Hope you also had a great day.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Put the blow up doll to bed, she must be tired by now : )
~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

Well I just got here for the first time today, and I have to say "good for you".  I'm as big a sap as one could ever find, but find peace in solitude where others might become saddened..it allows for an intriguing study of human nature.  Go ahead and give up this day if need be...but NEVAH give up sex hon'!  OMG!...I couldn't imagine..  Hope I made you smile. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you do need some Mike time and have fun while you can.  Nothing wrong with that.

Anonymous said...

I think its great, Mike, that you know what you want right now as far as being single or in a relationship, etc. That's neat! Enjoy the day

betty

Anonymous said...

I`m a firm believer that you need to be happy with yourself and who you are .... you`ll have all that much more to offer when the right one does come along. I would love to be in a serious relationship again, but I`m waiting. If it happens, it happens, it`s not something I dwell on. I`m happy with me! :)
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are enjoying your single life!!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

Oh you are a "Mike"? Well, that explains a whole lot...including that smile! (She says that lovingly as her baby brother is a Mike!) They don't have an Arch Angel named after them for nothing! HA!

Just my little ol opinion, but I think personal growth comes from both relationships & being by yourself, so I have no problem with that! I don't always date a lot & people always think you are lonely. Don't know why people still think being alone is the same thing as being lonely! Hmmm?

Being with someone can be wonderful. It is lovely to share experiences, see their viewpoint, have someone make you feel more special than you feel yourself etc. but it is nice being alone too because you don't have to consider others when you just want to spontaneously go somewhere or enjoy something with just your own viewpoint. You can drink out of those milk cartons (shhh I swear women don't do that! Ha!) etc.

It is really a waste to walk around naked or in your nice undies in the house though! HA!

Anonymous said...

This is an interesting entry. Thanks for sharing!
Hope you'll get to visit this interesting site as well, containing lots of dating tips and advices.
http://www.dansdatingblog.com/

Anonymous said...

Interesting.

If you want to read interesting articles about men, women, love, romance, dating, online dating, etc., check out my blog at http://www.adultdatingpost.com

Feel free to comment in my entries. =)